Media Foundation on WOA

Question

• I am writing a Windows Store App with a C++ component in which Media Foundation functions are used. When trying to deploy the app to an ARM tablet I get build errors saying 'Unresolved external symbol MFStartup', etc. Everything compiles and runs fine on my dev machine.

Does the WOA platform support Media Foundation? If yes, what do I have to do in order to get rid of these unresolved errors?

Thanks in advance!

Ronald

Saturday, January 12, 2013 5:16 PM

Answers

• Found it.

The libraries added in Configuration Properties -> Linker -> Input has to be done for each platform. I have a C# background and I have to get used to the C++ world :-).

Ronald

Monday, January 14, 2013 11:01 AM

All replies

• Does it work in release config, as surface may not the debug dlls?
    Sunday, January 13, 2013 6:51 PM
  • No, I tried different configurations: Debug and Release; Solution Platforms: Mixed, ARM, etc. It also gives me the same compiler errors when creating a App Package. So I start to think Media Foundation functions are not supported on WOA. But I can not find an explicit statement that that is the case. According to MSDN these functions are available in Windows Store apps (not all functions by the way). Nowhere is mentioned if it is supported on ARM or not. But maybe it is a compiler option I am missing.

Ronald

Monday, January 14, 2013 7:48 AM
  • Found it.

The libraries added in Configuration Properties -> Linker -> Input has to be done for each platform. I have a C# background and I have to get used to the C++ world :-).

Ronald

Monday, January 14, 2013 11:01 AM