Stuck in analyze the result of load testing RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi;

I carried out load testing for 500 user and for 1.50 hours for inbuilt product. The result shows for first 50 minutes fine. Then after Response time and Requirement per sec. drops to 0 (zero). And still at the end of the run result shows 1/1 test pass.

May i have some light on this? If ant referance to analyze result then please guide?

Friday, March 21, 2008 12:31 PM

Answers

• Loadtests don't "pass" or "fail", it's more a matter of reporting on whether they successfully completed or not.  In order to guage the success of a loadtest you'll always want to look at the results in more detail, in which case you'll see the errors and counters that will determine whether or not you consider it a pass or fail.  You can also set threshold values on various counters that will create errors when the value dips below or above the specified threshold.
    Tuesday, March 25, 2008 1:52 PM

All replies

• Friday, March 21, 2008 2:43 PM
  •  tejas wrote:

Hi;

I carried out load testing for 500 user and for 1.50 hours for inbuilt product. The result shows for first 50 minutes fine. Then after Response time and Requirement per sec. drops to 0 (zero). And still at the end of the run result shows 1/1 test pass.

May I know the why such happened. Meanwhile developer told me that at that time there is problem in server. Why result not shows as failed intead of passed.
    Tuesday, March 25, 2008 4:37 AM
  • Loadtests don't "pass" or "fail", it's more a matter of reporting on whether they successfully completed or not.  In order to guage the success of a loadtest you'll always want to look at the results in more detail, in which case you'll see the errors and counters that will determine whether or not you consider it a pass or fail.  You can also set threshold values on various counters that will create errors when the value dips below or above the specified threshold.
    Tuesday, March 25, 2008 1:52 PM