What causes a completely new underlying VM to be provisioned? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm curious if it's something like a change in the CSDEF file causes a new completely new machine to be provisioned and what, if anything else, could cause it.

Thanks!

• Edited by darielmarlow Thursday, February 11, 2016 2:58 AM Grammar
    Thursday, February 11, 2016 2:58 AM

All replies

• Hi Darielmarlow,

Thanks for posting here.

It will not provision new machine, If you are manually making changes by remoting into the VM, then if due to unknown reason the VM is re-provisioned (for ex: service healing, maintenance etc) then the changes you have made will be lost. 

The recommended way to update your deployments/applications is to upload the .cspkg  and .cscfg manually from the classic portal or using visual studio.

Ref: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-in/documentation/articles/cloud-services-how-to-manage/

Hope this helps.

Girish Prajwal

Thursday, February 11, 2016 6:04 PM
  • Thanks for the reply. I'm curious as to what actually causes new machine re-provisioning. "Unknown reasons" don't sit well with me :)

Is there any information on what things cause re-provisioning?

Thursday, February 11, 2016 6:09 PM
  • Hi,

It could be for ex: service healing, planned maintenance, service interruption where the cloud service is hosted etc

Girish Prajwal

Thursday, February 11, 2016 8:11 PM
  • So it's nothing related to the csdef/cscfg or any application level settings, correct?
    Thursday, February 11, 2016 8:12 PM