none
Referenc to Normal ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When I go to VBA editor in Word application, I see "Reference to normal" in References folder in project explorer.

What is that for and How do I get more information about this topic.?

Thanks

Friday, December 10, 2010 8:36 PM

Answers

• Hi vjs

Normal.dot (dotm if we're talking about Word 2007 or 2010) is the default template that all new documents are generated from, unless the user specifically chooses a different template.

Every document will always have a reference to the template to which it is attached (by default, the template from which it was created, although this can be changed if required). That template can contain "tools" that it makes available to the document, such as macros.

Additional references to other templates can be added if your project requires additional tools that are specifically linked to that document. This is done through the Tools/References dialog box.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    • Marked as answer by Bessie Zhao Friday, December 17, 2010 9:17 AM
    Saturday, December 11, 2010 3:30 PM

All replies

• See if this helps:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308340

"vjs2445" wrote in message news:83e4e02c-9b41-494e-afe9-6d243b5f5bf1@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Hi,

When I go to VBA editor in Word application, I see "Reference to normal" in References folder in project explorer.

What is that for and How do I get more information about this topic.?

Thanks

Greg Maxey Please visit my website at: http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/word_tips.htm
    Friday, December 10, 2010 8:56 PM
  • Hi vjs

Normal.dot (dotm if we're talking about Word 2007 or 2010) is the default template that all new documents are generated from, unless the user specifically chooses a different template.

Every document will always have a reference to the template to which it is attached (by default, the template from which it was created, although this can be changed if required). That template can contain "tools" that it makes available to the document, such as macros.

Additional references to other templates can be added if your project requires additional tools that are specifically linked to that document. This is done through the Tools/References dialog box.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    • Marked as answer by Bessie Zhao Friday, December 17, 2010 9:17 AM
    Saturday, December 11, 2010 3:30 PM