none
SharePoint and display specific Yammer topic RRS feed

• Question

• We have SharePoint 2010 onsite and have installed the Yammer Apps webpart.  I'm trying to link to a specific Yammer topic.  We don't have Topics where it says select a yammer app.  I was wondering if I could manipulate the sharedpropertiesstring located in the miscellaneous section.  I read there is a query_value option, but I'm not sure what the syntax would need to be to link to a topic within a yammer group.  Any ideas?  

I got it to display the topic using the Yammer Search part and putting in Topic as the query string parameter and then #ITSDMC as the query.  That got all my topics that I put in the hashtag #ITSDMC , BUT it doesn't show the replies.  I'm wanting to display all posts with replies that I had  #ITSDMC  inside of.

Thanks for any insights you can provide.

Friday, March 21, 2014 2:30 PM

Answers

• Hi Dwight,

regarding sharepoint 2010 on-premise and yammer integration, this feature may be limited. 

please have a check this article:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/18841.sharepoint-2013-integrate-yammer-with-sharepoint-for-social-feature-s.aspx

as you can check from the picture, it shows the result page as topics, but not with all the replies, you may need to go to the topics first then to have all of the replies.

Regards,
    Aries
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, March 24, 2014 9:22 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thanks 

Patrick Liang

Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Patrick Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, March 24, 2014 5:25 AM
  • Hi Dwight,

regarding sharepoint 2010 on-premise and yammer integration, this feature may be limited. 

please have a check this article:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/18841.sharepoint-2013-integrate-yammer-with-sharepoint-for-social-feature-s.aspx

as you can check from the picture, it shows the result page as topics, but not with all the replies, you may need to go to the topics first then to have all of the replies.

Regards,
    Aries
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, March 24, 2014 9:22 AM