none
Affinity Group support RRS feed

• Question

• When creating an Azure Media Services account, is there a reason that you can specify a Location (aka. Region), but not an Affinity Group?

Cheers,
    Trevor Sullivan
    Microsoft PowerShell MVP

If this post was helpful, please click the little "Vote as Helpful" button :)

Trevor Sullivan
    Trevor Sullivan's Tech Room
    Twitter Profile

Monday, July 28, 2014 3:09 PM

Answers

• Hi Trevor

There is simply no need to use affinity groups with Media Services. You are not required to worry about where the physical resources are. If you have a specific question or concern, let me know

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 5:00 PM

All replies

• Hi Trevor,

Can you please help clarify what you are trying to achieve? That will help me better answer your question.

Monday, July 28, 2014 5:31 PM
  • My understanding is that Affinity Groups help to tie Azure resources together, to improve efficiency and performance. When you create a Storage Account, you can associate it with an Affinity Group, but when you create a Media Services Account, you do not have this capability. Is there simply no need to use Affinity Groups with Media Services?

Cheers,
    Trevor Sullivan
    Microsoft PowerShell MVP

If this post was helpful, please click the little "Vote as Helpful" button :)

Trevor Sullivan
    Trevor Sullivan's Tech Room
    Twitter Profile

Monday, July 28, 2014 5:35 PM
  • Hi Trevor

There is simply no need to use affinity groups with Media Services. You are not required to worry about where the physical resources are. If you have a specific question or concern, let me know

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 5:00 PM