none
Link for Visual Studio Tools for Office RunTime Version 4 down RRS feed

• Question

• The link for Visual Studio Tools for Office RunTime Version 4 (www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=20479) is down.  This link is imbedded in some of our code.  I need to know if this link is only down temporarily because of a technical issue or if it has been moved in which case I need to have the code changed.  Thanks.

Thursday, November 29, 2012 2:58 PM

Answers

All replies

• Are you looking for the latest one? Then, you can download it using http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35594. This runtime accompanies the release of Microsoft Visual Studio 2010, and has been updated to support Visual Studio 2012 (including .NET 4.5 support) and Office 2013.

DeVa, M.S., {MSFT} Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help

Friday, November 30, 2012 12:29 AM
  • DeVa,

Thank you for your reply.  What I really need to know is if the link mentioned above is temporarily out of service or permanently disabled.  If Microsoft is removing this ling then we have to implement a code change on our application.  Do you know or can you check to see if this link has been permanently removed?  Thanks.

MJ

Friday, November 30, 2012 1:45 PM
  • Can someone please tell me if this link is permanently down?  Thanks you.
    Monday, December 3, 2012 9:53 PM
  • Looking at the link posted above by Deva, if you look at the Overview section,

Overview

This download installs the Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime, which is required to run Microsoft Office based solutions built using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 and 2012. This is an update to a previous version of the runtime, formerly available at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=20479.

I would say that the link is permanently down and would need to be changed in your code so your user's could get the updated runtime.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 3:52 AM
  • Unfortunately, for technical reasons, we did have to take down the old link when releasing the update to VSTOR.

If you need a "permalink", the best one to use is go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=140384.  This is the link that's used by our documentation, and which will get updated even if the download ID changes.

Apologies for the inconvenience; it's been a pain for us as well...

Michael Zlatkovsky | Program Manager, Visual Studio Tools for Office & Apps for Office

Wednesday, December 5, 2012 6:50 PM
  • Hi Deva,

The link you provided, 35594, also seems to be gone as well now. Is there still a page where VSTO 10.0.40302.0 can be downloaded? I believe this was the combined x86/64 package named vstor_redist.exe

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 5:26 PM
  • Hi ThisDan,

Please see my response above.  If you're looking to reference the latest, we will always be updating this forward link:  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=140384.  Anything download id such-and-such can change over time.

We actually found an issue in the 40302 version that we wanted to address before we continue shipping it to ship it to customers.  As such, we temporarily reverted to the older version (e.g., same version as you would have downloaded a month ago), which is what the fwlink points to now.  We are working very hard on resolving this issue as quickly as we can.  My sincere apologize for the inconvenience.

Please let me know if I can be of further help,

- Michael

Michael Zlatkovsky | Program Manager, Visual Studio Tools for Office & Apps for Office

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 6:09 PM