none
Oops there was an Error : Message using KinectSensorChooser RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When using Microsoft.Kinect in C# Visual Studio,  there is a reusable control called KinectSensorChooser which detects if the Kinect sensor is installed and checks it's status.  

It is used in the Shape Game which ships in the Kinect Sample Browser.

Whenever I run a program that uses this control, it says 'Kinect for Windows required' if no Kinect sensor is installed (which is correct behaviour) but when I plug in a Kinect sensor, it says 'Initializing' and then the control is meant to fade out and disappear when all is connected but instead is says 'Oops there is an error' and directs the user to a useless support page which tells us nothing.

Also, in my recording devices, I am not seeing the microphone array which I think I am meant to see (going by the Introduction video from the Kinect developer page).  However, in Device Manager, all of the Kinect devices say they are working properly, and all 4 parts of the SDK seem to be installed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated .....  (thanks)

Monday, April 23, 2012 4:05 PM

All replies

• Are you plugged into a USB post that is shared with other devices? What does device manager say about the USB Host controller you are plugged into? Have you un-installed and re-installed the entire SDK (including Speech), third party NUI SDK's and beta's? Be sure to have the hardware disconnected before installing and reboot before running the tests. You might want to check the install logs to see if there were any unknown errors while installing.

If you create a basic WPF application and wire up the basic events do you get the same results? for example:

KinectSensor.KinectSensors.StatusChanged += new EventHandler<StatusChangedEventArgs>(KinectSensors_StatusChanged);

private void KinectSensors_StatusChanged(object sender, StatusChangedEventArgs e)
    {
        switch (e.Status)
        {
            case KinectStatus.Disconnected:
                MessageTextBlock.Text = "Kinect Sensor Required";
                break;
            case KinectStatus.Initializing:
                MessageTextBlock.Text = "Initializing...";
                        break;
            case KinectStatus.Connected:
                MessageTextBlock.Text = "Connected!";
                break;