Sample ESP launcher RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I asked a question on the forums a little while ago and everyone was very helpful so I'm back!

I just wanted to know if there is any way to remove the option to enter free flight and any kind of multiplayer from the ESP sample launcher?  I just want it to display a couple of tutorials (single player) I've made and allow the user to launch them (preferably with the joystick?).

If this is not possible i'm guessing I have to make my own front end for esp.

Many thanks,

Martin
    Wednesday, July 2, 2008 1:50 PM

Answers

• Hi Martin,

As far as I know, you can't do much to the ESP Launcher without editing it.

If you have a look in the SimConnect SDK\Samples folder, you'll find the VS2005 project for the Launcher. You can simply remove the two buttons multiplayer buttons from the form for a quick and dirty fix.

The Default free flight that's listed at the top of the list (but not in the xml file of flights) is hard coded into the launcher. If you look at SolutionManifest.cs, you can get rid of the default free flight in there.

In the SolutionsManifest constructor, you'll see somethng like this:

ScenarioInfo DefaultFlight = new ScenarioFlight(...);  
    SoloScenarios.Add(DefaultFlight); 

Just comment that out, and then you'll only see the flights you have listed in the xml file.

Cheers,
    David
    • Marked as answer by Todd Landstad Wednesday, January 7, 2009 11:44 PM
    Wednesday, July 2, 2008 2:58 PM

All replies

• Hi Martin,

As far as I know, you can't do much to the ESP Launcher without editing it.

If you have a look in the SimConnect SDK\Samples folder, you'll find the VS2005 project for the Launcher. You can simply remove the two buttons multiplayer buttons from the form for a quick and dirty fix.

The Default free flight that's listed at the top of the list (but not in the xml file of flights) is hard coded into the launcher. If you look at SolutionManifest.cs, you can get rid of the default free flight in there.

In the SolutionsManifest constructor, you'll see somethng like this:

ScenarioInfo DefaultFlight = new ScenarioFlight(...);  
    SoloScenarios.Add(DefaultFlight); 

Just comment that out, and then you'll only see the flights you have listed in the xml file.

Cheers,
    David
    • Marked as answer by Todd Landstad Wednesday, January 7, 2009 11:44 PM
    Wednesday, July 2, 2008 2:58 PM
  • Hi David,

I edited solutionsmanifest.cs how you described in: 

C:\Program Files\Microsoft ESP\1.0\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\Samples\ESPLauncher\Launcher

This seemed to make no difference? I also removed the images that the launcher uses for the multiplayer buttons but somehow they still appear????

Thanks,

Martin
    Wednesday, July 2, 2008 4:07 PM
  • Hi Martin,

Sorry for the delay. That's odd, I just tried it again and the single player mission list showed only what was in the default.xml, and not the free flight.

When deleting the two multiplayer buttons from the Launcher form, did you get a few compiler errors in one of the methods where it was looking to change the state of the buttons? Maybe you only deleted the top part of the button? 

I'd hate to ask a dumb question, but are you running the right one after compiling it? I noticed that even if I compile as Debug, the output is in the bin\x86\Releases folder, instead of bin\Debug where I'd have expected it. Have you tried running that one?

David
    Thursday, July 3, 2008 11:55 AM
  • Hi David,

No worries, thanks for your help.  I have clearly not understood your initial instructions as I don't understand your question above, so it's definately not dumb!  I'm not very experienced in any of this.  If you have the time would you be able to put together an idiot proof step by step guide to complete your instructions?

When I edited solutionsmanifest.cs in the directory I listed above, I just opened the file in notepad and deleted the lines of code, is this wrong?

For the multiplayer I deleted all the related image files in: 

C:\Program Files\Microsoft ESP\1.0\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\Samples\ESPLauncher\Launcher\Resources

I have feeling i'm being very dumb as I don't really know what I'm doing!  I know atleast that I have edited the default.xml document correctly as it shows the correct missions in the sample launcher.

Many thanks,

Martin
    Thursday, July 3, 2008 12:58 PM