none
Unmanaged code no longer reads assembly.exe.config file after converting to VS2010. RRS feed

• Question

• I have two projects in the solution:
    - one named "ManagedLib" (c#), which is a managed assembly, whose output is "ManagedLib.Dll";
    - one named "UnmanagedApp" (C++), which is an unmanaged application, consuming the managed assembly using COM, whose output is "UnmanagedApp.exe";

The ManagedLib.Dll.config" is renamed to "UnmanagedApp.exe.config" and is placed in the same directory as the "UnmanagedApp.exe" program.  It worked perfectly when both projects were compiled and built in VS2008.  By the way, the unmanaged app was converted from VC++ 6.0 to VS2008.

But when converting both solutions to VS2010, UnmanagedApp.exe is not able to read the same config file anymore. Why does this happen?

During the conversion from VS2008 to VS2010, the unmanaged project produced an error "VCWebServiceProxyGeneratorTool is no longer supported. The tool has been removed from your project settings.".  Does the error have anything to do with my issue?

Thursday, March 21, 2013 9:44 PM

Answers

• Hi,

From your description, the issue may related to the path of some files has been changed or renamed.

I do not have such a environment to test for you, after search, you can try: open the .vsproj file in a text editor, and remove the "'
$File" stuff( if there is) from the file name, which would be messed up file name that screws up VS2010's converter.

If the issue still exists, I would suggest you post the issue here to get better support. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards.

Haixia
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, March 25, 2013 1:42 AM