CDN domain validation email not received RRS feed

• Question

• I've not received the Domain Validation email for setting up a cusom https domain on Azure CDN. Not in spam either and it's been a few days now.

Custom domain is: cdn.rosabellas.co.uk

Can't see an option to resend the email?

Confimed with my domain registrar that they have my correct email registered. Alternatively to the WHOIS registered email address, the validation email can also be sent to contact@rosabellas.co.uk

• Edited by andyblack19 Monday, December 4, 2017 10:01 PM
    Monday, December 4, 2017 9:36 PM

Answers

• Hi Andy, 

Can you please send an email to AzCommunity@Microsoft.com with your Subscription ID so I can enable 1 free support ticket for you that way you can get that email resent. 

Thanks, 

-Micah

Tuesday, December 5, 2017 7:20 PM

All replies

• Have you attempted to remove the custom domain in the portal then re-add it? 
    Monday, December 4, 2017 10:40 PM
  • You must open a support ticket via the Azure Portal for CDN (Verizon) and request them to resend the validation. Please provide your custom domain.
    Monday, December 4, 2017 11:44 PM
  • Experiencing the same issue...
    You must open a support ticket via the Azure Portal for CDN (Verizon) and request them to resend the validation. Please provide your custom domain.
    But it requires to have a support plan purchased.
    Tuesday, December 5, 2017 7:13 PM
  • Hi Andy, 

Can you please send an email to AzCommunity@Microsoft.com with your Subscription ID so I can enable 1 free support ticket for you that way you can get that email resent. 

Thanks, 

-Micah

• Hi Shurmann, 

Thanks, 

-Micah

• No didn't attempt that. I'm not sure that would help?
    Tuesday, December 5, 2017 9:14 PM
  • As this is a paid service I wouldn't expect to have to pay again for support when it doesn't work?
    Tuesday, December 5, 2017 9:16 PM
  • Send me your custom domain, and I'll open it for you.
  • Thanks Micah, just sent that over now.
  • Send me your custom domain, and I'll open it for you.
  • It seems I'm not the only person having issues with this; there's quite a few similar posts in this forum around the issue.

It doesn't seem like the best way of verifying that I own the domain. Especially as people can choose to remain anonymous in the ICANN registry.

Why not provide a way like Google do in Search Console or Analytics, where you upload a file they provide to your domain root, which they can then check exists?

Tuesday, December 5, 2017 9:19 PM
  • Thanks Andy. I will work with you offline from here. 

-Micah

Tuesday, December 5, 2017 9:19 PM
  • Custom domain is in the original post, if required. Thanks
    • Edited by andyblack19 Tuesday, December 5, 2017 9:22 PM
    Tuesday, December 5, 2017 9:20 PM
  • Hi Richard, 

Could you please ping me offline or send me an email when you get a chance? 

-Micah

Thursday, December 7, 2017 5:41 PM
  • Hello All, 

I am following on this this thread as I have more information in regards to issues receiving the Domain Validation email. 

At this time there is a known issue. Currently the CDN team is working to remove the requirement for email validation in the future. At this time I do not have an ETA on when this will be complete. 

The current solution/ work around is as follows: 

1) If you have a support plan, open a ticket to the CDN services team and they will resend the validation
    2) If you do not have a support plan, create a forum on MSDN stating you are having issues receiving the validation email and we will get your issue forwarded to the correct team to have the email resent. 

Thank you. 

-Micah

Thursday, December 7, 2017 7:11 PM
  • We have added an option to validate via CNAME entry for those who are unable to receive the validation email. 

See the following doc (Step 2): Configure HTTPS on an Azure Content Delivery Network custom domain

Monday, March 26, 2018 10:05 PM