htm page in class library problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I downloaded a source code from internet,it includes  2 projects .

1 is of class library and other is of WCF.We want to deploy deploy both seperatly. In class library project contains three htm pages and references to many jqueries.Jquery functions where placed in a folder named "scripts".There is reference from htm page to WCF.I deployed WCF in IIS and give its url in htm page .For testing,I tried to run htm page by right clicking and use view in browser.But in firebug,its showing request is ok,but no reply from server.Is it possible to run htm pages in class library like this?

Saturday, July 30, 2011 10:51 AM

Answers

• Hello, class libraries cannot run on themselves. You need to host them somewhere. The html pages should be hosted in a web application. The WCF service can also be hosted in the same web application, or in somewhere else. I suggest you to host the client and service inside the same web application, otherwise you will run into cross domain issues. I don't know if the sample handles cross domain scenarios properly.
    Lante, shanaolanxing This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Windows Azure Technical Forum Support Team Blog
    • Proposed as answer by Prabhas Harlapur Monday, August 1, 2011 6:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by Yi-Lun Luo Friday, August 5, 2011 9:37 AM
    Monday, August 1, 2011 2:39 AM

All replies

• Hi, I downloaded a source code from internet,it includes 2 projects . 1 is of class library and other is of WCF.We want to deploy each seperatly. In class library project contains three htm pages and references to many jqueries.Jquery functions where placed in a folder named "scripts".There is reference from htm page to WCF.I deployed WCF in IIS and give its url in htm page .For testing,I tried to run htm page by right clicking and use view in browser.But in firebug,its showing request is ok,but no reply from server.Is it possible to run htm pages in class library like this?
    • Merged by Yi-Lun Luo Monday, August 1, 2011 2:40 AM Duplicated.
    Saturday, July 30, 2011 11:00 AM
  • Hello, class libraries cannot run on themselves. You need to host them somewhere. The html pages should be hosted in a web application. The WCF service can also be hosted in the same web application, or in somewhere else. I suggest you to host the client and service inside the same web application, otherwise you will run into cross domain issues. I don't know if the sample handles cross domain scenarios properly.
    Lante, shanaolanxing This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Windows Azure Technical Forum Support Team Blog
    • Proposed as answer by Prabhas Harlapur Monday, August 1, 2011 6:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by Yi-Lun Luo Friday, August 5, 2011 9:37 AM
    Monday, August 1, 2011 2:39 AM