Can I set ToolkitScriptManager ScriptMode value dynamically (ScriptManager or ToolkitScriptManager) RRS feed

• Question

• User-1644933537 posted

I don't want to have to set this value manually as I always forget when publishing to production.

I want them to change like values in web.config when a config is built that contains xdt:Transform.

MSDN says this for the Auto setting for ScriptManager

Debug versions of client script libraries are used in the Web page when the retail attribute of the deployment configuration element is set to false. Otherwise, the release versions of client script libraries are used.

When I follow the 'deployment' link it gets error: This Topic Is No Longer Available

I have also read other places that ScriptManager should be used instead of ToolkitScriptManager. I don't know what to do anymore. I think Im taking a step forward, then I've taken 2 backwards.

In looking for info on this I read about combining scripts to improve performance, but the pages i read were far from clear and complete.

Can anyone tell me or direct me to a page that has good and detailed information on this.

Thanks

Sunday, November 30, 2014 12:17 PM

Answers