how to consume web services RRS feed

• Question

• hi .

my customer give me wsdl file and
      soap request file
      soap response file

and i want to call this web service
    so can i convert the soap request to programming  class view ?

Saturday, August 8, 2009 7:17 PM

Answers

• Yes, you do need .NET 3.5 SP1 to use WCF. However, there is no reason not to upgrade to .NET 3.5 SP1. Unlike the upgrade from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0, both .NET 2.0 and .NET 3.5 SP1 use the same Common Language Runtime (CLR). .NET 3.5 SP1 is effectively a service pack for .NET 2.0 (SP2, to be exact), and some additional assemblies that obviously cannot affect your existing code, since your existing code obviously doesn't use them.

An example is at How to Consume a Web Service .
    John Saunders
    WCF is Web Services. They are not two separate things.
    Use WCF for All New Web Service Development, instead of legacy ASMX or obsolete WSE
    Use File->New Project to create Web Service Projects
    Monday, August 10, 2009 11:16 PM

All replies

• .NET 2.0 and 1.1
    In your project right click in the solution explorer and select Add Web Reference.  put in the url to the WSDL and There you have it

.NET 3.0 +

In your project right click in the solution explorer and select Add Service Reference.  Click on Advanced.  At the bottom click on Add Web Reference.  Put in the url to the WSDL and There you have it
    Joshua Bylotas
    http://www.ivorymatter.com
    Sunday, August 9, 2009 1:13 AM
  • Do not use "Add Web Reference" unless you have to. That uses the old ASMX technology that Microsoft now considers to be "legacy technology".

Use "Add Service Reference" if at all possible.

John Saunders
    Use WCF for All New Web Service Development, instead of legacy ASMX or obsolete WSE
    Monday, August 10, 2009 5:25 PM
  • i think i need framework 3.5
    to ue wcf

but have you sample how to make add service reference to web service
    Monday, August 10, 2009 6:53 PM
  • Yes, you do need .NET 3.5 SP1 to use WCF. However, there is no reason not to upgrade to .NET 3.5 SP1. Unlike the upgrade from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0, both .NET 2.0 and .NET 3.5 SP1 use the same Common Language Runtime (CLR). .NET 3.5 SP1 is effectively a service pack for .NET 2.0 (SP2, to be exact), and some additional assemblies that obviously cannot affect your existing code, since your existing code obviously doesn't use them.

An example is at How to Consume a Web Service .
    John Saunders
    Monday, August 10, 2009 11:16 PM