access denied error RRS feed

• Question

•  The problem I am trying to solve is that I have a .net web application and it uses windows login information to read another machine (gets a file listing on the network by using the system.io namespace, DirectoryInfo class.  I have Identity Impersonate = true in web.config file, and anym access disabled for the virt directory so it should use the users login information to access the other machine.  This works fine when I run it from my development machine(acting as client and server. )  When I deploy the web app to the windows 2003 server box I get an access denied error when it tries to access the other machine.   So I have
    > ******                     *******                      ***********
    > *client************  server ************other machine*
    > **********************************************

If I just use a hyperlink to the file on the other machine it works fine, no access denied error.
    thanks.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 5:08 PM

Answers

• Hi!

Thanks for asking! I'm a member of the ASP.NET team, and was just popping over here to see what was going on. The best place to ask ASP.NET questions is over on the ASP.NET forums at http://www.asp.net/welcome.aspx?tabindex=1&tabid=39

The short answer to your question really depends on what access denied error you're getting.  If this is due to ACLs, that an easy fix.  The other thing that you need to do is make sure that the authentication method in the web.config is set to windows, and not forms.  If you're still stuck post over in the ASP.NET forusm along with more info about the error you're getting.

HTH,

PEte

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 11:11 PM