none
Continuous export destination is unavailable RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Today I configured continues export on our Application Insights (Standard tier). Since setting it up I've received a handful of mails reading the message below. Note that I don't have much details to go on other than AI is configured in the East-US region and our Storage account in the West-Europe region. The blobs contain data so the data export works, it's just that intermittently we get said messages.

We’re having trouble exporting telemetry in application OURAPPLICATIONINSIGHTS to storage account OURSTORAGEACCOUNT. Is the storage account deleted or unavailable? You might want to edit the continuous export to select a different storage account. For now, we’re buffering your data, but we will disable continuous export in 7 days.

Best regards,

Kris

Monday, January 2, 2017 4:04 PM

Answers

• Application Insights service sends this email when an attempt to upload blobs to the destination storage account fails with one of the following errors

• 404/ResourceNotFound
    • 404/ContainerNotFound
    • Name resolution failure

We can provide details on specific requests and error codes from Application Insights side, but Storage support would need to investigate further. You may be able to reduce these errors by creating a new Application Insights component in West Europe so that both AI and Storage services are located in the same data center.

Tuesday, January 3, 2017 5:48 PM

All replies

• Application Insights service sends this email when an attempt to upload blobs to the destination storage account fails with one of the following errors

• 404/ResourceNotFound
    • 404/ContainerNotFound
    • Name resolution failure

We can provide details on specific requests and error codes from Application Insights side, but Storage support would need to investigate further. You may be able to reduce these errors by creating a new Application Insights component in West Europe so that both AI and Storage services are located in the same data center.

Tuesday, January 3, 2017 5:48 PM
  • Thanks for the confirmation. I already expected as much as the AI resource located in West-Europe that writes to the same storage doesn't experience these kind of failures.

I'll get back to this topic on Monday as I'm currently still on holiday and creating a new AI resource would also warrant a deployment of our application.

Br,
    Kris

Thursday, January 5, 2017 11:44 AM
  • A few mondays laters than I had expected, but I can confirm as much. The difference in regions caused the issue.

Thanks.

Br Kris

Monday, March 6, 2017 9:52 AM