none
Debug WCF-Custom Send Port to SAP System RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I am trying to debug an orchestration which sends a request to a SAP system using the WCF-Custom adapter.

My issue is that the orchestration is triggered and then the process just hangs forever until it times out.

I have not been able to get Fiddler to show me any messages and WireShark just shows me messages between the source/client system and BizTalk whereas I actually want to see the traffic between BizTalk and the SAP target system.

Any suggestions?

Regards

Riaz

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 8:24 AM

Answers

• Hi Guys

Issue was actually assemblies not being deployed to both instances of our BizTalk servers. Found the error in the event log of the 2nd server where the assemblies were not deployed, it couldnt create an instance of the orchestration.

Regards

Riaz

• Marked as answer by RiazP-MSDN Friday, December 19, 2014 1:05 PM
    Friday, December 19, 2014 6:56 AM

All replies

• "WCF-Custom" doesn't tell us anything about the adapter.  What binding are you using?

If you're using the sapBinding, you wouldn't see anything in Fiddler, the sapBinding uses the SAP client.

Are you sure the process is even making it to the Send Port?  What do you see on the Orchestration Debugger?

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 4:28 PM
  • You can try enabling tracing inside the orchestration through debug view or event log in quick time .

Just you need to write message before publishing to the service. something like below

xmldocument = SAPRequestmsg;
    System.diagonotics.eventlog.WriteEntry("SAPRequestmsg",xmldocument.OuterXml.Tostring());

or if you have some more time than I would suggest to use CAT tool tracing .

Thanks

Abhishek

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 5:06 PM
  • Hi Boatseller

I'm using the SAP binding. So is there no way to trace the traffic if i'm using the SAP binding?

I will try the orchestration debugger next.

Regards

Riaz

Thursday, December 18, 2014 6:20 AM
  • Nops,

I would say  you wont be able to trace with sap binding . best way to go ahead with orchestration debugging and tracing as been suggested earlier  through event log or debug view .

Thanks

Abhishek

Thursday, December 18, 2014 3:23 PM
  • Do you see anything in the event log?

Set oShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
    Set oUserEnv = oShell.Environment("SYSTEM")
    'RFC_TRACE
    '0 = No trace
    '1 = Trace
    oUserEnv("RFC_TRACE") = 1
    ' CPIC_TRACE
    ' 0 = No trace
    '1 = Write error messages in trace file
    '2 = Full trace
    '3 = Include trace data blocks
    oUserEnv("CPIC_TRACE") = 1
    oUserEnv("RFC_TRACE_DIR") = "C:\temp\SAPRFCTrace" 

Can you copy the timeout error with stack trace? error details gives more info. 

If this answers your question please mark it as Answer and if this post is helpful, please vote as helpful. Thanks !

Friday, December 19, 2014 4:22 AM
  • Hi Guys

Issue was actually assemblies not being deployed to both instances of our BizTalk servers. Found the error in the event log of the 2nd server where the assemblies were not deployed, it couldnt create an instance of the orchestration.

Regards

Riaz

• Marked as answer by RiazP-MSDN Friday, December 19, 2014 1:05 PM
    Friday, December 19, 2014 6:56 AM