none
VS2010 ReportViewer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all!

I use a control ReportViewer to view and to print reports.

I have 2 questios:

1. I get an empty page at the end of a report. I have 4 pages instead of 3, 7 instead of 8 and so on.  I see and print these empty pages. The report width less than the page width, so this cannot be the reason of my problem. How can I get rid of these pages?

2. If I have a few controls ReportViewer then to print the report I must to press each print button on each ReportViewer, and each ReportViewer prints with a new page. Have I possibility to print all the ReportViewers consequently pressing one button and to continue the report?

Saturday, October 1, 2011 10:02 AM

All replies

• Hi kgnalex,

1. The extra page is a result of some bit of information or unseen artifact being moved to an extra page. I usually can find this issue by making sure all of my page sizes including the margins are within the printable page size and there is no part of a report item bumping any edge of the report. Even one pixel can cause the extra page to be printed.

2. You can author your own custom print button and hook up to the print API's. Here is a sample. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms252091.aspx

Brad Syputa, Microsoft Reporting Services This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.
    Monday, October 3, 2011 5:45 PM