none
Share One Appointment on Two Seperate Calendars at the same time? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a shared mailbox with about 6 people accessing it all day everyday.  They create a lot of appointments on the default calendar.  I now have a second calendar and I have published it.  I would like to start creating all appointments for one particular section of a project on the published calendar and leave the rest on the default unpublished calendar.

Problem is the appointments on the published calendar cannot overlap times on the appointments in the default calendar.  So I need to know is there a way to create an appointment and have it exist on BOTH calendars so if you edit the appointment on one calendar the other calendar will reflect the changes?

I posted the above two paragraphs in the OFFICE forum and was told there was no possible way to do what I was wanting unless I used coding.  So if anyone could help me do this I would greatly appreciate you.

I have office Office Pro Plus 2013 and the drafters will have it soon, but they currently have Office 2010 - either Standard or ProPlus.  I could upgrade them at anytime if need be.

Thank you in advance - GJ

Thursday, August 20, 2015 1:14 PM

Answers

• Unfortunately I'm not that proficient in developing add-ins.  So instead I wound up creating another mailbox all together with a published calendar in it.  So when our users send the appointment they copy in the other 'user' where the mailbox is located.  Anytime they edit the original appointment it automatically updates on the 'user' calendar for the public to see.

Thanks again,

George

• Marked as answer by G. Jackson Tuesday, February 16, 2016 5:08 PM
    Wednesday, January 27, 2016 10:35 PM

All replies

• Hello,

You need to develop an add-in which can track changes on the calendar and will do the same adjustments on another. Outlook doesn't provide anything for that out of the box.

Or if you don't need to deploy the solution on other PCs you may consider developing a VBA macro. See Getting Started with VBA in Outlook 2010 for more information.
    Thursday, August 20, 2015 1:54 PM
  • Unfortunately I'm not that proficient in developing add-ins.  So instead I wound up creating another mailbox all together with a published calendar in it.  So when our users send the appointment they copy in the other 'user' where the mailbox is located.  Anytime they edit the original appointment it automatically updates on the 'user' calendar for the public to see.

Thanks again,

George

• Marked as answer by G. Jackson Tuesday, February 16, 2016 5:08 PM
    Wednesday, January 27, 2016 10:35 PM