Issues debugging iMessage extension RRS feed

• Question

• User386316 posted

I created an iMessage Extension and added the new project as a reference in my Xamarin.iOS project. I'm using the code from the Ice Cream Builder example available here: https://developer.xamarin.com/samples/monotouch/ios10/IceCreamBuilder. I'm having issues debugging code in the iMessage project. When I put a breakpoint down in a few methods that I for sure know get called at some point, the debugger does not stop on them. They are solid, but the debugger simply doesn't stop.

For example, in the IceCreamsViewController.cs, I commented out line 30 which adds the + button to create a new ice cream sticker. I built the app and ran it in a simulator, and sure enough, the + button was gone. So I know it's being called. Yet, the breakpoint I put earlier on line 25 is never stopped on. I even added Debug.WriteLine and Console.WriteLine statements and I do not see those appear in the Output -> Debug window of Visual Studio. However, I AM seeing breakpoints in the Xamarin.iOS project stop the debugger.

Can someone please provide some pointers/advice?

Thursday, June 13, 2019 8:11 PM

All replies

• User394936 posted

Hi, I am working with Imessage extension, I am not able to activate/launch the extension project. My app stuck only to the main ios project it doesnot go to the extensions project. I haver seen the Icebuilder app but there is not link find that connects the main ios app and Extension app .can you please help me out in this.

I had also check you blog of doing this and downloaded your sample project but it is also showing "xamarin forms" text.

Friday, May 29, 2020 6:06 PM