Windows Vista Service Pack 2 Beta and Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 Beta Symbols (x86) - DVD (All Languages) RRS feed

• Question

•  So is this a beta service pack or is it symbols?  If it's symbols, where's the service pack?  When I click on "Operating Systems -> Vista", All I see is Vista Service pack 1, and that.  What if I wanted to download Vista itself?

Also, when I did download the .iso, neither ImgBurn nor VirtualCDControlTool.exe would recognize the .iso as a valid image file.   I'll try again in case I just got a bad download.
    Wednesday, December 3, 2008 8:23 PM

Answers

• The Subscriptions team has resolved the error that we were seeing.  The Symbols for Windows Vista SP2 Beta and Windows Server 2008 SP2 Beta have been resposted and are available for download from MSDN and TechNet.

Thanks,
    Mike

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    • Edited by Mike Kinsman Friday, December 5, 2008 2:52 PM updating
    • Marked as answer by Mike Kinsman Monday, December 8, 2008 2:06 PM
    Thursday, December 4, 2008 7:56 PM

All replies

•  Hi,
    I just spoke with the Subscriptions team who confirmed with me that this is just the symbols for both Windows Vista Service Pack 2 Beta and Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 Beta.   The name will be changed to "Windows Vista Service Pack 2 Beta Symbols and Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 Beta Symbols"  for clarification very shortly.

As for not being able to burn the ISO image, I am contacting the team about this issue as well.  I'll let you know what I find out.

Editing to add this reminder:  You should run your download through a hash program to verify that what you downloaded is not corrupt.  Here is the SHA1 Hash and CRC values for the x86 Symbols disc from the download page on subscriber downloads:

SHA1: BA74DEBEBC6A0F281D14D77614D72CFE12A0AD2A ISO/CRC: FB1D76AE

Thanks,
    Mike
    Wednesday, December 3, 2008 10:20 PM
  • The Subscriptions team has resolved the error that we were seeing.  The Symbols for Windows Vista SP2 Beta and Windows Server 2008 SP2 Beta have been resposted and are available for download from MSDN and TechNet.

Thanks,
    Mike

• Edited by Mike Kinsman Friday, December 5, 2008 2:52 PM updating
    • Marked as answer by Mike Kinsman Monday, December 8, 2008 2:06 PM
    Thursday, December 4, 2008 7:56 PM