WPF or DotNetNuke RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are about to start development on a new .NET web Application.  I have been asked to compare with respect to feature set offering, development effeciency, maintainability of WCF against DotNetNuke.  Please suggest.

Thanks & Regards,

Rahul

Thursday, August 16, 2007 7:51 AM

All replies

• I think you might of accidently posted to the wrong forum. This is WPF as opposed to WCF.

Anyways, DotNetNuke is an open-source web portal that is very modular and easy to program against.  It comes with almost everything you need for an online site.  You don't have to even be a programmer to set it up and there are online stores to purchase DNN modules.

WCF is a the new communications framework in .NET 3.0.  It's like remoting on steriods is the most simple way to describe it.

You really can't compare the two.  WCF is a power drill and DNN is a house.

-Jer

Thursday, August 16, 2007 10:29 AM
  • Hi Jer,

Thanks for your reply.  I am actually concerned about whether to use WPF against DotNetNuke at the UI level.  However, I am new to both .net 3.0 and DotNetNuke so wanted to know for designing the Web UI Layer whether we should use WPF or DotNetNuke or a combination of both?  Please suggest.

Regards,

Rahul

Thursday, August 16, 2007 10:37 AM
  • If its a web-project, I would suggest using DNN.  You could then make your own DNN modules that embed silveright.  You can also embed WPF apps as an XBAP but you are restricting yourself to just Windows, where silverlight would be cross platform.

-Jer

Thursday, August 16, 2007 11:55 AM
  • Hi Jer,

Thanks a lot for your guidance.  In line with your advice, whether SilverLight 1.1 is in production?

Thanks & Regards,

Rahul

Sunday, August 19, 2007 8:29 AM