none
Gallery Script Points not Updating at all RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Folks,

I have uploaded couple of scripts in Technet gallery but i noticed recently it's not updating the points at all. what could be the reason ? I am not sure this is the right place or not if not could you please point me in a right direction ?

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

• Moved by Bill_Stewart Wednesday, October 23, 2019 4:40 PM Move to more appropriate forum
    Wednesday, October 23, 2019 12:54 AM

Answers

• You don't get points for uploading. You get points when others download or give ratings. Also, points are only updated periodically. There can be a substantial delay. If you feel there is a problem, you can email:

fissues [at] microsoft [dot] com

Edit: This document includes a table detailing how to earn points for Gallery contributions:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/ff395928(v=msdn.10)

There are several download milestones. You need to achieve at least 20 downloads of the contribution, after which you earn 20 points. Or if the contribution gets a 3 star rating (out of 5), you earn 2 points. More points are awarded for greater milestones. It is common to experience a delay before the points are reflected in your profile. I believe the admins must run a batch job periodically to update points and achievements.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 9:37 AM

All replies

• You don't get points for uploading. You get points when others download or give ratings. Also, points are only updated periodically. There can be a substantial delay. If you feel there is a problem, you can email:

fissues [at] microsoft [dot] com

Edit: This document includes a table detailing how to earn points for Gallery contributions:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/ff395928(v=msdn.10)

There are several download milestones. You need to achieve at least 20 downloads of the contribution, after which you earn 20 points. Or if the contribution gets a 3 star rating (out of 5), you earn 2 points. More points are awarded for greater milestones. It is common to experience a delay before the points are reflected in your profile. I believe the admins must run a batch job periodically to update points and achievements.

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 9:37 AM
  • Thanks for your Information. Yes, i know the points you get is for only when someone downloads your uploaded script, but i have uploaded a script while back and it was downloaded by 100+ times but i haven't get a single point for that.

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

Thursday, October 24, 2019 1:14 AM
  • I'd suggest sending an email to fissues [at] microsoft [dot] com with details of the problem you experience so admins can investigate.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, October 24, 2019 2:12 AM
  • Your profile activities shows this now. Could you refer to either of these two contributions?

The Move SharePoint Search Temp Location contribution has been downloaded 100 times from the Technet Gallery. Awesome!
    Gallery | 15 days ago
    The Update Term Store at Site Collection Level for SharePoint contribution has been downloaded 100 times from the Technet

If not, emailing fissues, as suggested, is the best option.

Thursday, October 24, 2019 9:22 AM
  • I will email them, Thank You So Much guys !!

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

Thursday, October 24, 2019 2:10 PM