Doubt in Local reports(RDLC), about Page header and Footer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,
    I am using Local reports(rdlc) for report creation.
    My problem is how can i display page header data only in first page and page footer data only in last page.
    Can i have report header and report footers in these reports?
    I have set the page header and page footer properties as below but no use.
    how can i solve this,i need it very urgently

Page header properties:
    Printonfirstpage:True
    Printonlastpage:false

Page footer properties:
    Printonfirstpage:false
    Printonlastpage:true

Bye
    Naren

Naren
    Friday, September 11, 2009 7:15 AM

Answers

• Hi,

instead of page header and footer you should create two rectangles.
    Then you should put an expression in the Hidden properties that, in case it is not the first page, it is hiding the header rectangle and the same fore the footer rectangle.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards

Antonio
    Friday, September 11, 2009 7:29 AM
  • Hi,
    One solution for removing the blank spaces is to place an object directly on top of the rectangle. 
    If you set the visibility of the rectangle to false, you can then set the visibility of the other object to true. 

Best Regards

Antonio

Monday, September 14, 2009 7:16 AM

All replies

• Hi,

instead of page header and footer you should create two rectangles.
    Then you should put an expression in the Hidden properties that, in case it is not the first page, it is hiding the header rectangle and the same fore the footer rectangle.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards

Antonio
    Friday, September 11, 2009 7:29 AM
  • Hi thanks for reply,But i am getting space in remaining pages,
    how to hide this white space.
    I am using following expression for Recatangle visibility for Page header.
    =iif(Globals!PageNumber=1,false,true)

How can i set for pagefooter data.

Bye
    Naren
    Naren
    Friday, September 11, 2009 8:27 AM
  • Hi,

for the page footer you have the TotalPage global variable that you can use in the expression.

Antonio
    • Proposed as answer by AntonioCH Friday, September 11, 2009 11:38 AM
    Friday, September 11, 2009 11:38 AM
  • Hi,thanks for reply,

But how to hide the space in other places where we have rectangle control.

bye
    Naren

Naren
    Saturday, September 12, 2009 5:48 AM
  • Hi,
    One solution for removing the blank spaces is to place an object directly on top of the rectangle. 
    If you set the visibility of the rectangle to false, you can then set the visibility of the other object to true. 

Best Regards

Antonio

Monday, September 14, 2009 7:16 AM
  • Hi Antonio
    I am having the same problem:
    I am printing the footer only in the first page and I am traying to get rid of the empty space reserved for the footer in the subsequent pages.
    I saw your reply was marked as "answer" but I did not understand what does it mean. Could you please explain me what does it mean "to place an object directly on top of the rectangle"

Best Regards
    Gabriel
    Thursday, November 19, 2009 11:31 AM
  •  
       Hi IsoKaapo,

Here they are using rectangles instead of direct page header and footer. They are controlling the display of header and footer in the rectangle by using expressions in the 'Hidden properties' of rectangle. In your case you have to use the same expression for footer display

=iif(Globals!PageNumber=1,false,true) -- means for first page you are showing your footer (rectangle). For all the remaining pages the footer is off and other objects will take this place means while designing you have to drag some items on top of this rectangle. Basing on your visibility control it will display either footer rectangle or the overridden object.

Lakshman
    Thursday, November 19, 2009 12:29 PM
  • Hi all,

very interesting thread. I have got a similar problem.
    I have tried the rectangular thing with hidden=Global!PageNumber=1, but got an error along the line: 'Global!Pagenumber is only available in Header/Footer' :-(((

Any other suggestions? (Or even a solution?:-)

TIA, Martin@Vienna@Austria
    Monday, December 7, 2009 1:29 PM
  • Hello Dorababu
    Thank you for your message. I'll give you some idea about my problem.
    The report should have a list of items that can take n pages. The report sould also have a footer ONLY in the first page. The footer is huge so it takes about a third of the first page.
    If I use footer and make it visible only in the first page then I get a huge unused blank space (third of a page) in every page.
    any help would be appreciated
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 9:00 AM