none
Azure File Share will not open "Not enough quota is available to process this command"

Question

• I have Azure File Storage mounted as a network drive as demonstrated on
    "Get started with Azure File storage on Windows"
    https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/storage-dotnet-how-to-use-files/

net use [drive:] \\[share].file.core.windows.net\logs /u:[share] [key]

All was working fine and I have been exporting iis log files from several web servers to this drive with robocopy for several days.

But now when I try to open the drive to view the log files I get an error "Not enough quota is available to process this command".

This same problem is seen on the local laptop windows 8.1 and several Windows Server 2012 Azure VM's.

Has anyone else seen this problem and know how to resolve it?

Update:

Thanks for your replies but I should have made it clear that there is no quota problem on the Azure File Storage, I can access the files through the Azure Portal and there is no problem with the Robocopy tasks that are pushing the IIS log files to the Azure files storage.

My Guess is that the error message is misleading and is not about disk quota at all, but rather some local quota on the machine that I am trying to mount the azure file share as a remote drive.

• Edited by chrismills.eu Wednesday, June 1, 2016 11:22 AM Update
    Friday, May 20, 2016 8:16 AM

Answers

• I have resolved the problem.

I changed my scheduled task to run every 15 minutes instead of every 5 minutes, This reduced the number of Requests from around 55k to 19k.

I can now mount the azure storage as a remote drive and access the files again. ( I could always access them with Cloudberry)

So it was nothing to do with Disk Quota, Virtual Memory, Offline file sync, number of applications in memory.

Just another one of those vague error messages that can waste a lot of time.

Thank you all for your suggestions and help.

Azure File Total Requests

Thursday, June 2, 2016 11:18 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting here.

I suggest you to check the below article for details.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3101545

Girish Prajwal

• Proposed as answer by Akampa Saturday, May 21, 2016 11:29 AM
    Friday, May 20, 2016 5:28 PM
  • Hello,

Did you hit these limits of the file Share storage already ?

Max size of a file share 5 TB
    Max size of a file in a file share 1 TB
    Max number of files in a file share

Only limit is the 5 TB total capacity of the file share

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/azure-subscription-service-limits/#storage-limits

Hope this information is useful for you.

Best Regards,

@Jamesvandenberg

Saturday, May 21, 2016 9:30 AM
  • I have resolved the problem.

I changed my scheduled task to run every 15 minutes instead of every 5 minutes, This reduced the number of Requests from around 55k to 19k.

I can now mount the azure storage as a remote drive and access the files again. ( I could always access them with Cloudberry)

So it was nothing to do with Disk Quota, Virtual Memory, Offline file sync, number of applications in memory.

Just another one of those vague error messages that can waste a lot of time.

Thank you all for your suggestions and help.

Azure File Total Requests

Thursday, June 2, 2016 11:18 AM