none
An item with the same key has already been added. RRS feed

• Question

• I have been trying to install this application built with aspx but I keep getting this error as I click on some menus not all menus show the error: Can someone help me please?

An item with the same key has already been added.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.

Source Error:
    An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:
    [ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.]
       System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource) +52
       System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add) +9382923
       System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Add(TKey key, TValue value) +11
       Elena.Business.Vms.Data.SettingStore.getkey(IDictionary`2 pair) in C:\Users\ELENA-A\Desktop\New folder\Source\VMS\Elena.Business.Vms.Data\SettingStore.cs:37
       ELENA.VMS.Vms.Visitor_UI.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\ELENA-A\Desktop\New folder\Source\VMS\ELENA.VMS\Vms\Visitor_management_UI.aspx.cs:74
       System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
       System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
       System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +91
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2207

• Moved by Marvin_Guo Sunday, January 12, 2014 12:01 PM ASP.NET issue
    Friday, December 13, 2013 5:24 AM

Answers

• Hi nomso123,
    The thread is more related to the ASP.NET forum where you can contact ASP.NET experts.
    So you can consider posting it in ASP.NET forum for more efficient responses.
    ASP.Net Forum:  http://forums.asp.net/1022.aspx/1?ASP+NET+AJAX+Ajax+Control+Toolkit

By the way ,I think you should check your Dictionary whether contains the same key twice.

Thanks for your understanding.
    Regards,
    Marvin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Marvin_Guo Thursday, December 19, 2013 9:14 AM
    Monday, December 16, 2013 2:20 AM

All replies

• You will have to debug through SettingStore.cs. We don't have enough information to know why or how you are getting this error other than exactly what the title says.

Also, you should move this to the asp.net forums.

Bob - www.crowcoder.com

Friday, December 13, 2013 1:19 PM
  • Hi nomso123,
    The thread is more related to the ASP.NET forum where you can contact ASP.NET experts.
    So you can consider posting it in ASP.NET forum for more efficient responses.
    ASP.Net Forum:  http://forums.asp.net/1022.aspx/1?ASP+NET+AJAX+Ajax+Control+Toolkit

By the way ,I think you should check your Dictionary whether contains the same key twice.

Thanks for your understanding.
    Regards,
    Marvin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Marvin_Guo Thursday, December 19, 2013 9:14 AM
    Monday, December 16, 2013 2:20 AM