ServerReport.ReportPath RRS feed

• Question

• User1951951341 posted

1) I have a SSRS report that I developed. It is sitting on my development machine in the Visual Studio project solution. It has not been published, but it does produce a report when I preview it.

2) I have an ASP.NET application that is attempting to run the report (see item 1 above).

Most hits I get on the internet show only a partial path (ie "\folder\reportname"). I assume that this partial path is going to be concatenated with a prefix in order to have the complete path to the report. I don't know what the prefix is so I cannot correctly fill in the ReportPath. 

Question 1: Should I be able to run my asp application and reference a report that has not been published?

Question 2: Can you help me understand how ReportPath is used based on my assumption that it is concatenated to a prefix value to arrive at a fully qualified path?  

Wednesday, August 3, 2011 3:39 PM

Answers

• User-83052675 posted

To point a reportviewer (I am assuming that you are using this) to a server report, you need to set the ReportServerURL property to point to the SSRS server you are using.

This is what they should look like:

ReportServerURL="http://YOURSERVERHERE/ReportServer"

ReportPath="/Folder/ReportName"

The report will therefore need to be published to the server if you wish to preview it in your application.

Hope that helps.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, August 3, 2011 4:35 PM