multiple selection filter RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I have 2 lists:

1. Cateogry List.

2. Books list (with category lookup).

In my sites home page, i would like to display the list of cateogories (with multiselect option). When user selects one/more items from the category, the related books should get displayed below in another webpart.

I would prefer to get this done, with as much OOB feature as possible.

I have already tried List filter webpart and Choice filter webpart. They do support Multiselection, but the OOB listview webpart (displaying books), filters by only the first filter.

Are there any third party components that help in the above scenario?

Thanks in Advance,
    Abdul Khalid.

Hope that helps, Abdul Khalid.
    Friday, September 11, 2009 7:47 AM

Answers

• Hi, Abdul

For multi-filter, would you please try:

a)    Using Filter in the views, (filter field and value via URL) as jpussacq's suggestion.

Here is an example to filter though URL

http://www.vbduncans.com/blog/2008/12/30/UseTheQueryStringToFilterAnySharePointListView.aspx

You can use get parameter by building the querystring to achieve multi-filter.

And you can event create a simple webpart just for building query string for filter.

b)    Using Data View web parts in SharePoint Designer for multi-fiter.

You can create a parameter and query the value from URL, and use the value to filter the records in the web part.

Here is a article Filter data in a Data View (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepointdesigner/HA101030411033.aspx) for more information.

Hope this can be helpful.

Best Regards.

-Aaron

• Marked as answer by Abdul Khalid Friday, September 18, 2009 8:37 AM
    Friday, September 18, 2009 8:33 AM

All replies