none
Attempted to read or write protected memory. Indication that memory is corrupt. WHY? RRS feed

• Question

• Lately I've been working alot in the integrated Report Designer in VS2008. At some point, I can't remember when, the error stated popping up randomly for no apparent reason when I'm designing any report: "Attempted to read or write protected memory. Indication that memory is corrupt."

I have tried running the rest Windows command but it doesn't help. All I'm doing is just designing reports and the error will just pop up. it doesn't seem to have any ill effect but it is getting very annoying now.

Other posts related to this don't correlate to my experience.

Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks!!

--ACG
    Tuesday, May 18, 2010 1:31 PM

Answers

• I didn't even have to reinstall, it just stopped happening one day. I bet it will come back though. There was one point where the error message would come up every time I clicked the Save button.

But Seems OK for now. I hope VS10 doesn't do this silly thing.

--ACG
    Wednesday, May 26, 2010 7:55 PM

All replies

• Hi ACG,

This issue is most likely related to some component corruption. The error message is general and should not happen for report designer commonly. Do you have any special add-ins on your Visual Studio? or do you install some anti-virus software? If so, you may try first uninstalling them to see if they are helpful. If this does not work, try uninstalling and re-installing your Visual Studio 2008. If you do not want to do this, you need to collect a crash dump file with adplus (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/286350) and contact Microsoft Customer Support Services (CSS) for further analysis.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Wednesday, May 19, 2010 7:35 AM
  • I will try reinstalling as your other suggestions did not help. Seems to only happen when I'm working on a very complex report.

--ACG
    Monday, May 24, 2010 1:54 PM
  • I have also found that this occurs at times when I am trying to save a change in a report, but also have another report open with unsaved changes.  This stopped occuring for me when I made certain that any report changes were saved prior to making changes on another report.
    Monday, May 24, 2010 8:34 PM
  • Hi ACG,

Is this issue resolved after your reinstallation?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Wednesday, May 26, 2010 5:15 AM
  • I didn't even have to reinstall, it just stopped happening one day. I bet it will come back though. There was one point where the error message would come up every time I clicked the Save button.

But Seems OK for now. I hope VS10 doesn't do this silly thing.

--ACG
    Wednesday, May 26, 2010 7:55 PM