none
Schedule a Monthly Pipeline in ADF V2

Question

• Hello, 

I have a pipeline that loads data from a website which is updated once a month & I'd like to schedule my pipeline to run with the same frequency. I've scheduled other pipelines using Tumbling window trigger but now I'm not sure how to program it to run monthly because, unlike days, months don't have a fixed length. 

I'd apreciate any ideas. Thanks!

Wednesday, September 5, 2018 7:41 AM

Answers

• Hi Ana,

You could use a Scheduling trigger to achieve this. Specify Recurrence for the trigger as Monthly and activate it can meet your requirements.

• Marked as answer by Ana MB Thursday, September 6, 2018 6:51 AM
    Wednesday, September 5, 2018 9:27 AM
  • Hi Ana,

You mean in your scenario, the pipeline refers the parameters (basically it's "@trigger().outputs.windowStartTime" and "@trigger().outputs.windowEndTime") in Tumbling Window Trigger? If so, you could also achieve this by using the parameter in Scheduling trigger, which is "@trigger().scheduledTime". It should meet your requirement. Click this doc for more information.

Thanks.

Thursday, September 6, 2018 2:33 AM

All replies

• Hi Ana,

You could use a Scheduling trigger to achieve this. Specify Recurrence for the trigger as Monthly and activate it can meet your requirements.

Wednesday, September 5, 2018 9:27 AM
  • Hello Wang,

Thanks for your response. However, I forgor to mention that I have a pipeline that uses Tumbling Window Trigger as a parameter in a few activities and I read somewhere in the documentation that you can't achive that with the method you describe. 

Do you have any idea if that is possible?

Thanks, 

Ana

Wednesday, September 5, 2018 2:46 PM
  • Hi Ana,

You mean in your scenario, the pipeline refers the parameters (basically it's "@trigger().outputs.windowStartTime" and "@trigger().outputs.windowEndTime") in Tumbling Window Trigger? If so, you could also achieve this by using the parameter in Scheduling trigger, which is "@trigger().scheduledTime". It should meet your requirement. Click this doc for more information.

Thanks.

Thursday, September 6, 2018 2:33 AM
  • This is exactly what I need. Thanks Wang!!

Thursday, September 6, 2018 6:51 AM
  • Good to hear.

Thanks.

Thursday, September 6, 2018 9:04 AM