Coded UI Test RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to do the test using csv.

My scenario is like I have a patient , who can have multiple hospitalizations, each can have multiple surgeries and each surgery can have again more one is to many data.

I just need to know if I can use csv to test this kind of data and if yes how do I design it?

Thanks in advance.

I appreciate all your help please.

Gauri

Wednesday, March 5, 2014 2:32 PM

Answers

• Hi Gauri,

Thanks for your response.

You know that we could add a data connect string in one test method attribute, so I'm afraid that it is hard to achieve this issue. My suggestion is that you’d better create different test methods with different data sources for this issue.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, March 7, 2014 7:35 AM

All replies

• Hi Gauri,

To help you understanding the data driven coded UI test, see:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/mathew_aniyan/archive/2009/03/17/data-driving-coded-ui-tests.aspx

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee624082.aspx

After you create your coded UI test with specified data, you might want to run your coded UI test multiple times with different sets of data to test different conditions. To do this you can add parameter values from a data source to create a data-driven coded UI test. Each row in the data source is an iteration of the coded UI test. The overall result of the test will be based on the outcome for all the iterations.

Like the about content, if you want to create a data-driven coded UI test, you would check what real result you want to test, for the log in users or others. It would be related to your app. For example, one user could select different hospitalizations, you could record a simple coded UI test for one specific hospitalization, and then create a data source for hospitalizations, so you could test one user for different hospitalizations. If you need to test different data table, I’m afraid that you would create different test methods.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, March 6, 2014 9:06 AM
  • Thanks for your reply.

I had already read both the articles.

But I have a different scenario.

I am already able to create multiple patients by adding more than one row to the csv file.

But the way I want to do is.

Patient 1

Hosptitalization 1

Surgery 1

surgery 2

Hosptitalization 2

Surgery 1

Patient 2

Hosptitalization 1

Surgery 1

surgery 2

Hosptitalization 2

Surgery 1

surgery 2

surgery 3

Everything needs to be created.

Can I do that using csv file?

Thanks in advance.

Gauri

Thursday, March 6, 2014 3:04 PM
  • Hi Gauri,

Thanks for your response.

You know that we could add a data connect string in one test method attribute, so I'm afraid that it is hard to achieve this issue. My suggestion is that you’d better create different test methods with different data sources for this issue.

Best Regards,

Friday, March 7, 2014 7:35 AM