none
Though user has contribute access getting access denied message

Question

• there is sub site which inherits permissions from site collection.

there are couple of users who are getting access denied error even though users have contribute access for this sub site. And they are from members (XXX members ) group

Below are the permissions level they have 

I have added my self as a contribute in members group. it is working for me.

Please let me know what is causing the issue here. Thanks 

Thursday, March 14, 2019 5:51 AM

Answers

• Hi SravanC,

1.Asked this user to click on request access and given him the access and he is able to get the site accessed .

There's a similar situation here:

https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/147237/user-getting-access-denied-although-he-is-in-contribute-group

2.Adding & removing user as site collection admin.

3.Removing the user from Hidden user information list and add this user again.

You can view user information list by adding a suffix to the site collection address/_catalogs/users/detail.aspx

More information:

http://sharepointviews.com/user-contribute-access-gets-access-denied/

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, March 14, 2019 10:00 AM
  • Hi SravanC,

You can follow the steps below:

1.Click on the user's name

2.Delete User from Site Collection

3.Site settings – people and groups - Add user again

Besides, try to deactivate “Limited-access user permission lockdown mode” feature via site settings->Site collection features and check again.

I hope this will help you.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Marked as answer by SravanC Friday, March 15, 2019 6:43 AM
    Friday, March 15, 2019 6:03 AM
  • Thank you for all, added them explicitly with contribute access and added them sc admin and deleted. It worked 
    • Marked as answer by SravanC Friday, March 15, 2019 6:44 AM
    Friday, March 15, 2019 6:44 AM

All replies

• Hi

You can access "Site Permissions", then you can check permission.

Maybe you can get the useful message.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    Linyu - SharePoint Engineer
    QQ Group: 72637444

Thursday, March 14, 2019 5:58 AM
  • We have verified the permissions after accessing site permissions only.. ( that is through check permissions option)

they have contribute access as i said in my previous thread but still there is issue..

• Edited by SravanC Thursday, March 14, 2019 6:23 AM
    Thursday, March 14, 2019 6:18 AM
  • Hi SravanC,

1.Asked this user to click on request access and given him the access and he is able to get the site accessed .

There's a similar situation here:

https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/147237/user-getting-access-denied-although-he-is-in-contribute-group

2.Adding & removing user as site collection admin.

3.Removing the user from Hidden user information list and add this user again.

You can view user information list by adding a suffix to the site collection address/_catalogs/users/detail.aspx

More information:

http://sharepointviews.com/user-contribute-access-gets-access-denied/

Best regards

Itch Sun

Thursday, March 14, 2019 10:00 AM
  • Hi Itch Sun,

Thank you for the response. 

This issue is there for multiple users associated with that group 

however I will start executing above steps and will let you know 

And I have selected the user but there is no option neither to delete the user nor to add it again.  (suing hidden list URL you have shared) 

• Edited by SravanC Thursday, March 14, 2019 10:43 AM
    Thursday, March 14, 2019 10:28 AM
  • Hi SravanC,

You can follow the steps below:

1.Click on the user's name

2.Delete User from Site Collection

3.Site settings – people and groups - Add user again

Besides, try to deactivate “Limited-access user permission lockdown mode” feature via site settings->Site collection features and check again.

I hope this will help you.

Best regards

Itch Sun

• Marked as answer by SravanC Friday, March 15, 2019 6:43 AM
    Friday, March 15, 2019 6:03 AM
  • Thank you for all, added them explicitly with contribute access and added them sc admin and deleted. It worked 
    • Marked as answer by SravanC Friday, March 15, 2019 6:44 AM
    Friday, March 15, 2019 6:44 AM