none
Entity Framework with SSRS RRS feed

• Question

• hi All ..

I am new to entity framework and just started learning this . I created Entity framework from oracle db on other server.  I am trying to figure out how hard it is to integrate Linq queries (multiple tables from EF) to a webservice or SSRS? what is the best/easiest/fastest way ?

I want to have a webservice that users can call just to get a csv file. (I can create this csv using linq on the entity framework)

thanks a lot!!

Vkap

• Edited by vkap Thursday, June 21, 2012 11:46 PM
    Thursday, June 21, 2012 10:25 PM

Answers

• Hi vkap,

Welcome to MSDN Forum.

Here's an article about how to implement Entity Framework with WCF Web Service, it also contains the source code. Please refer here.

Best Regards

Allen Li [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Friday, June 22, 2012 9:06 AM

All replies

• any suggestions about RESTful .net applications for the same??

• Edited by vkap Thursday, June 21, 2012 11:46 PM
    Thursday, June 21, 2012 11:46 PM
  • Hi vkap,

Welcome to MSDN Forum.

Here's an article about how to implement Entity Framework with WCF Web Service, it also contains the source code. Please refer here.

Best Regards

Allen Li [MSFT]

Friday, June 22, 2012 9:06 AM
  • Thanks Allen, it really helps.

Do u have an ideas if it is possible to define elements in LINQ (for EDM) and then display the results of that linq through webservice?

vandana

Monday, June 25, 2012 8:15 PM
  • Hi vkap,

I'm afraid I'm not familar with WCF, I suggest you to post in WCF Forum, there're more related experts there. If you need any further help about Entity Framework, please feel free to come back here, I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Best Regards

Allen Li [MSFT]

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 2:30 AM