none
Direct Link to OWA Calendar Event from OWA API RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Is there a way to retrieve or reverse engineer a direct link from the JavaScript API to open a specific calendar event in Outlook Web App?

Thank you for any suggestions.

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 3:31 PM

Answers

• Hi Lance,

>> I am working with the Office 365 REST API to retrieve calendar event IDs. <<

The features and APIs documented in this article are in preview and are subject to change. Do not use them in production ( refer to Overview of Office 365 APIs Preview).

>> I need a direct link, with which I can paste into the browser's address bar and open the calendar event.<<

Did you want to view the appointment item in the browser? As far as I know, there is no such address we can use. But we can call the Exchange web service from apps for Office. And we can use GetItem operation to get the calendar items from the Exchange store.

If I misunderstood, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, June 20, 2014 9:44 AM

All replies

• Hi Lance,

Did you mean you want to subscribe to the calendar event for Outlook Web App in apps for Office?

Normally apps for Office is used to extend the functionality of an Access web app, document, email message, meeting request, appointment, presentation, project, or spreadsheet(Refer to Overview of apps for Office). It is not designed to interactive with the Office application or Office web app. So far as I know, we can’t achieve this.

You can get more about mail app from link below:

Mail apps for Outlook

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, June 19, 2014 5:12 AM
  • Hi Fei,

I need a direct link, with which I can paste into the browser's address bar and open the calendar event.

I am working with the Office 365 REST API to retrieve calendar event IDs. 

Is it possible to create this direct link by appending a crafted query string to "https://outlook.office365.com/owa/"?

Thanks

Thursday, June 19, 2014 3:08 PM
  • Hi Lance,

>> I am working with the Office 365 REST API to retrieve calendar event IDs. <<

The features and APIs documented in this article are in preview and are subject to change. Do not use them in production ( refer to Overview of Office 365 APIs Preview).

>> I need a direct link, with which I can paste into the browser's address bar and open the calendar event.<<

Did you want to view the appointment item in the browser? As far as I know, there is no such address we can use. But we can call the Exchange web service from apps for Office. And we can use GetItem operation to get the calendar items from the Exchange store.

If I misunderstood, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards

Fei

Friday, June 20, 2014 9:44 AM