Windows Store App is unstable RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have noticed that the actual store app has some major problems when using it on my Surface RT:

1. It randomly tells me that I am offline and need to try again

2. It randomly tells me I can't install an app because it is not available in my market

3. It randomly tells me I can't install an app because it is not compatible with my computer's CPU architecture

4. It stalls when opening by showing only the circular green progress bar on a white screen

5. The back button doesn't work all the time and must be clicked multiple times

6. When returning to the store main screen from a middle section like Photo or Government, scrolling back to the far left or far right is not possible, it will only scroll as far as the next section or two (assume this is a UI virtualization issue)

7. Clicking on the Updates (x) indicator doesn't work all the time, must be clicked multiple times

That's my list so far, seriously, if the app store has this many problems, I find it Ironic that I have to bicker with Microsoft app approvers over the privacy policy of my application!

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 10:24 PM

All replies

• You're not alone in this, I've been experiencing the same troubles... exactly as you described.
    Thursday, January 24, 2013 12:35 AM
  • Since I don't use the app store too frequently on my desktop, I haven't noticed it on there. Anybody experiencing this on an Intel based laptop/desktop?

Thursday, January 24, 2013 1:40 AM
  • I experienced most of what you described on my Surface RT and would add:

7. Sometimes, after scrolling a few pages of application tiles after a search it becomes slower and slower until it is unresponsive.

8. Only tried running application updates once so far but I had a hard time getting them to go.

Also, it is extremely annoying trying to use the dropdowns on a touch interface!

I find it amazing that I could make a way better application for the store in a few weeks and don't even get me started on how bad the developer dashboard is! I'm sure Microsoft wouldn't hire me though because I wouldn't drink the koolaid.

• Edited by RamboBill Thursday, January 24, 2013 2:14 AM Added issue
    Thursday, January 24, 2013 2:12 AM
  • Yeah, I wish they would open up their APIs to the community. I would love to get programmatic access to the noteworthy feeds just to watch my apps' placements change over time.

Thursday, January 24, 2013 2:38 AM