none
Downloads not being Counted

Question

• I published an app and it got released today but the download count is not increasing. I downloaded it on my pc(not linked to my account), my own laptop and also told a friend to download it. So i'm sure there should have been atleast 2-3 downloads.

Also my ad unit in pubcenter is showing this:

Reason: Application corresponding to this ad unit is not yet live on Windows Store. Test ads will be served until the application is live on Windows Store. Paid ads will start serving automatically within 24 hours of the application going live on Windows Store.

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 2:28 PM

Answers

• The download count and really all the statistics in the dashboard take a few days to update, sometimes up to a week if a backend process gets hung. Sometimes they update and will show all 0's until something is fixed. Just be patient, it probably will update.

As far as the ads thing, last time I tried that the ad server was out of paying ads, so please let me know how your experience is. I have an ad supported app that I was thinking of releasing if the ads work.

Friday, December 13, 2013 8:41 PM

All replies

• The download count and really all the statistics in the dashboard take a few days to update, sometimes up to a week if a backend process gets hung. Sometimes they update and will show all 0's until something is fixed. Just be patient, it probably will update.

As far as the ads thing, last time I tried that the ad server was out of paying ads, so please let me know how your experience is. I have an ad supported app that I was thinking of releasing if the ads work.

Friday, December 13, 2013 8:41 PM
  • When it comes to providing statistical updates to the dashboard in a timely manner, being sloppy and inconsiderate has been and continues to be the accepted norm at Microsoft in my experience. As far as pubCenter is concerned, the situation is really horrible in my experience as well (very few and infrequent ads).

Saturday, December 14, 2013 10:46 AM