SOA architecture: Soft Orch layer or Hard Orch Layer RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I would like to know what do you think about the Orch Layer. If I have a service: Users, If I call a servide method: LoadUsers which do not need orchestation... do i have to call it through the orch layer?

Orch layer and services bus is like bll and dal? Do I have ALWAYS go through orch layer although it will just call a single service?

Thanks in advance.

Monday, December 17, 2007 10:56 AM

Answers

•  

Hi

I have written similar code for some practice stuff. My 2 cents are The orch layer should be a service which calls other services

because -

1) It lets you do content based routing

2) The Orch service may be implemented as a singleton whcih implements proxy for the real service and allows late creation of objects -  This may not always be welcome.

3) Gives you additional redirection and common method for all cals whcih are filtered and adapted by theorch layer by use of adapters. Thus you get message based routing, independent evolution and a single method for execution

In case you need a sample code please let me know. Please email me on Gaurav.Verma.MCA@gmail.com

Hope this helps.

Gaurav

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 7:13 AM