Is there a way i can duplicate a ZAM3D viewport and use it in Blend? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, i have managed to import a ZAM3D object into Blend, however I can't seem to duplicate the object because it keeps giving me an error when i run the project (The type 'x' already contains a defintion for ZAM3D viewport), I remember doing something similar in Blend2 and i copy pasted my 3D objects just fine. What can i do to solve this problem? What am i missing? don't tell me i can only use ONE 3D objects with the same characteristics at a given project, that would be lame. So, since i am sure i am missing something i will appreciate any feedback. I hope you all understand what i'm trying to do.
    Thursday, February 3, 2011 7:40 PM

All replies

• Howdy,

At the top of your XAML, you will see all the namespace declarations. From the look of your rather slime error message, you have X defined twice.

If you cant find it, post your XAML back in here for a look see.

Cheers

Expression MVP

my blog : http://x-coders.com/blogs/sneaky/default.aspx

Friday, February 4, 2011 7:47 AM
  • Or maybe you duplicated XAML Code by hand in one XAML-document resulting om duplicated x:Name attributes?
    Friday, February 4, 2011 2:12 PM
  • Thank you, I had written a reply but my internet connection is not so good today, I fixed the problem by kind of aleatory changing the x:Name attributes (just minimal changes to the name) one by one in the XAML, I didn't duplicated by hand the XAML, instead I duplicated the objects in the MainWindow, one would think that Blend would rename the XAML parts, but it didn't. In any case i have made my object into a usercontrol and then I have copied the layer and keyframes from there into the Mainwindow, once is there i have again duplicated the object and this time I'm having no problem when running the project. I'm thankful for your responses. Mr.Fernando Sotomayor.
    Friday, February 4, 2011 4:22 PM