none
Microsoft Student Account RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, How can I reset my password on my Microsoft student account? I already talked to the admin but they said they didn't have a admin account on this. There is a possible I can reset my account? Please help me to retrieve my account. Thanks.
    Thursday, May 16, 2019 5:15 PM

All replies

• You can check the self-service password reset tool and try to reset your password.  Please check Reset my password in Office 365 for more details.

If your admin hasn't enabled self-service resets, you may need to contact your school’s IT department to ask them to reset your password for you.  You can also try to perform the following steps - 

1. Please go to office 365 login page via this URL - https://portal.office.com and type your education account and click can’t access your account.
    2. On the next page, enter the prompting characters and click Next and and click on "contact an administrator" to contact your organization to reset your password for you.

Thursday, May 16, 2019 9:07 PM
  • I already did but the IT department said they didn't gave Microsoft whether they did.
    Saturday, May 18, 2019 1:21 PM
  • Hi Christian,

Do you mean that the IT department said they do not have an admin account? Can you please clarify?

If they are the owner of the AD Tenant and you are a user within that tenant then they should be able to reset your password. 

Please take a moment to "Mark as Answer" and/or "Vote as Helpful" wherever applicable. Thanks!

Thursday, June 27, 2019 9:58 PM