none
MDN response RRS feed

• Question

• I have a party setup for AS2 testing where I have checked the box "Generate MDN". I have setup a 2 way receive port to receive the request and send across the MDN response.
    When I am sending a request to this AS2 Url from another BizTalk server I am receiving the MDN and the message is also being received successfully. However when a partner is sending across a message to me though I am receiving the message fine and my HAT also shows that the AS2 send has sent a message;one of my partner is saying that it has not received the MDN and another partner is saying that he has received a bad MDN. How can i resolve or take care of this problem?
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 10:45 PM

Answers

• As the first step I would use NetMon or wireshark and capture the tcp traffic going from you to your partner.
    You should see the MDN as it goes out from BizTalk. If the MDN is not encrypted, you should be able to see if it is as expected. If it is, you can be quite certain that the partner received it , but does not deal correctly with it.
    Friday, September 18, 2009 10:29 AM

All replies

• As the first step I would use NetMon or wireshark and capture the tcp traffic going from you to your partner.
    You should see the MDN as it goes out from BizTalk. If the MDN is not encrypted, you should be able to see if it is as expected. If it is, you can be quite certain that the partner received it , but does not deal correctly with it.
    Friday, September 18, 2009 10:29 AM
  • Hi, sunny

To narrow down the scope of the problem, you can setup a 2 way port in local server to see if you can receive a expected MDN.
    ->"he has received a bad MDN."
    What is the difference between the good and bad MDN?

Regards
    Microsoft Online Community Support
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 6:02 AM
  • Hi Andrew,

I have already done in the local server and have received it without any problem. I have also checked it in the netmon that AS2From and To values are present in the response header that i am sending across.

The customer receives this error message. " 

EDIINT[61623670] 07 Oct 2009 11:04:30,855 WARN  EDIINT.AS2Inbound - The request message with Message-ID 'null' does not have both an AS2-

To and an AS2-From header.  The AS2-To header value is 'null' and the AS2-From header value is 'null'.

When i compare the MDN sent by BiZTalk and other systems what  I understood is that these values are not present as part of the AS2 message in case of BizTalk whereas for others it is part of the message.

Can someone throw any light?

Wednesday, October 7, 2009 10:47 PM