none
Kubernetes on azure RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm using Kubernetes on azure and my architecture is attached as image.

I could create a persistent volume using azure files and i attached it to my pods using persistent volume claim.

My problem is:

As you can see on the image there is files and directories on the azure files and i need to set special permissions on theses files/directories 

for example

• notes.txt with ( rw--)
    • user1 to be the owner of the directory data
    • user2 to be the owner of tools
    • in tools format have the permission (rwx-rw-r) and stats (rwx-r-r)

I asked about this feature and it's not implemented on  azure files. Can you suggest any other solution ?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Hajjim

Friday, October 11, 2019 3:07 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Azure files is Windows based and your terminology sounds Linux, However it is transferable.

Azure files supports AD integration which will allow permissions based on domain users if that would work? I'm not familiar enough with Kubernetes to know if it supports Windows domain access?

Other options if not would be to create an NFS server to serve files? I dont believe there is a PaaS offering in Azure to do that?

I've asked the more experienced Linux and container guys in our work though to see if they can offer insight...will update when they respond

Thanks,

Matt

Friday, October 11, 2019 9:06 PM
  • Adding more info to @Matt Bradley Mcr For better understanding: All these 3 POD are from same deployment configuration?

You could also have each folder in a Share and create a persistent volume and then attach it to the particular POD.

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Monday, October 14, 2019 9:02 AM
  • @Hajjim Just checking in to see if you have had a chance to see the previous response. 
    Tuesday, October 15, 2019 11:42 AM
  • Is there any update on the issue?

If the suggested answer helped for your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Thursday, October 17, 2019 4:49 AM
  • Following up to see if the above suggestion was helpful. And, if you have any further query do let us know.

If the suggested answer helped for your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “
    Up-Vote ” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 4:38 AM