none
Playing Video RRS feed

• Question

• I did a web site for a client using "Express Web 2". She gave me a video to play with an extention of ".wmv". I used this coding:

<object id="media1" style="width: 1078px; height: 780px" type="video/x-ms-wmv" class="style2">
        <param name="filename" value="reteat_jan_2013.wmv" />

it works fine. Now the video she gave me has a ".vep" extentions. How would the coding look in oder to play it?

I need help PLEASE and Thanks in advance.

Jake

Friday, March 15, 2013 7:33 PM

All replies

• A .vep file is an AVS Video Editor Project File.
    The only thing that will open it is AVS Video Editor.

You most likely need to convert it to a different format.

Expression Web MVP

Friday, March 15, 2013 7:57 PM
  • Google shows that "File extension VEP is a AVS Video Editor Project File." This format is not directly supported for use on the Web, to my knowledge. You will have to convert the file to a supported format. Google "convert .vep to wmv" (or whatever format you intend to use—it should be one that EW directly supports, for ease of insertion using EW), to find converters that will do the job.

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, March 15, 2013 7:58 PM
  • As far as I can see the .vep extension comes from an AVS Video Editor project. If so, I'd suggest you get her to save the project as a .wmv which you can use. I doubt you'll get a web based player for the .vep file.

Ian Haynes

EW - V4 Add-Ins
    EW - Resources, hints and tips
    EW - Design for the Mobile Complete Web
    expression(web.blog)

Friday, March 15, 2013 8:00 PM
  • Thanks ... I'll let her know.

Jake

Friday, March 15, 2013 8:49 PM
  • Thanks for the info.

Jake

Friday, March 15, 2013 8:50 PM