none
issue viewing filtered data in continuous form RRS feed

• Question

• I have a continuous form I'm trying to create.  I don't know how many lines will be needed, each line consists of text boxes and combo boxes.  Columns 1 - 4 are text boxes.  In column 5, I have an cboOS a combo box, options are Linux or Windows, storing the answer using the ID on tblComponents, from tblOS.  Column 6 is cboTechnology, a combo box, shows the "technology", which is filtered by which OS was selected, storing it's ID on tblComponents from tblTechnology.  At first, I couldn't get cboTechology wouldn't requery for each line, but I modified the onChange to include me.refresh.  Now each line can go from Windows to Linux and cboTechology shows the correct options.  The issue is that if line 1 is Windows, on line 2 when I select Linux, the entry for cboTechology disappears on line 1.  The data is still present on the table.  Then on Line 3, if I select Windows, the data in cboTechology disappears for line 2, but reappears for line 1.  This goes on for every line thereafter.  Here is my query for cboTechology - SELECT [tblTechnology].[ID], [tblTechnology].[Technology], [tblTechnology].[OS] FROM tblTechnology WHERE cboOS = [tblTechnology].[OS] ORDER BY [Technology];

Is there a way to make all the answers show up at the same time, no matter what line I'm editing?  I want to give this to clients, and don't want something goofy like this showing up. 

Monday, August 27, 2018 9:41 PM

Answers

• Hi,

One workaround is to overlay a Textbox on top of the Combobox to display what is in the field rather than what is in the Combobox.

Hope it helps...

• Marked as answer by Carl_S_S Wednesday, August 29, 2018 3:50 PM
    Monday, August 27, 2018 9:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

One workaround is to overlay a Textbox on top of the Combobox to display what is in the field rather than what is in the Combobox.

Hope it helps...

• Marked as answer by Carl_S_S Wednesday, August 29, 2018 3:50 PM
    Monday, August 27, 2018 9:44 PM
  • Great idea.  Worked perfectly.  Thank you.
    Wednesday, August 29, 2018 3:50 PM
  • Hi Carl,

You're welcome. Glad we could assist. Good luck with your project.

Wednesday, August 29, 2018 4:10 PM