Error Linking to Document DB RRS feed

• Question

• When I run a simple copy from BLOB to Document DB, I keep getting the following error. This error occurred both when using the Copy Wizard and when I manually created the job:

"Failed to look up DNS host name in 'Document DB' linked service. Host Name: byaprdddc01-docdb-2.cloudapp.net, Error: Unrecognized Document DB DNS host name. It could be caused by data source region unrecognized. Please try specify ExecutionLocation in Copy activity to moving forward."

Any advice?  I switched the Document DB so both it and the Data Factory are in West US.

Friday, March 24, 2017 11:31 PM

All replies

• Hi jdwsync,

For copy beteween cloud data sources, Azure Data Factory will try to automatically determine which region the destination data source, in your case, the documentdb in order to run the copy in optimal and complaint mode. If it failed, error message will be shown up as above. And to resolve it, you need to specify the "ExecutionLocation" in Copy activity, in your case, to be West US. You can follow the link here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/data-factory/data-factory-data-movement-activities

panchao

Saturday, May 27, 2017 6:08 PM