• Hi , the kinect sdk 1.7 has the new api kinect fusion,

I have already created stl / obj models with it, but I dont know

how to get the texture for the models. If somebody has an idea

where I could start to search about this topic, it would be very helpfull,

thnx in advance.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 1:29 PM

Answers

• John from  Kinect for Windows development team says :

"Kinect Fusion has no built-in support for rendering a texture-mapped image.

However, you can read the data out and then apply your own texture map to it. For example, INuiFusionReconstruction::CalculatePointCloud will give you a point cloud consisting of every visible pixel in the reconstruction model, as viewed from a specified camera pose."

• Marked as answer by arctorx Thursday, March 21, 2013 10:04 AM
    Thursday, March 21, 2013 10:03 AM

All replies

• John from  Kinect for Windows development team says :

"Kinect Fusion has no built-in support for rendering a texture-mapped image.

However, you can read the data out and then apply your own texture map to it. For example, INuiFusionReconstruction::CalculatePointCloud will give you a point cloud consisting of every visible pixel in the reconstruction model, as viewed from a specified camera pose."

• Marked as answer by arctorx Thursday, March 21, 2013 10:04 AM
    Thursday, March 21, 2013 10:03 AM
  • Hy!

I have a question about that "problem". I am using the c# sample project. My goal is to save the color information in the .obj file as well.

I guess i have to use the following method: Reconstruction.CalculatePointCloud (Calculate a point cloud by raycasting into the reconstruction volume.) I don't really know how to apply the method, because there is no return parameter. Where is the color information and information about camera pose  saved? And what is the difference to the method:FusionDepthProcessor.ShadePointCloud method (Create a shaded color image of a point cloud). 

Some ideas how to get the color information would be so nice :-) ...

Monday, March 25, 2013 11:44 AM