none
FaxService on 2008 SP2 issue RRS feed

• Question

• Our application is faxing fine on Windows 2003 servers, however now that we installed it on 2008 SP2 server we are noticing some issues.

seemingly randomly (but very often) calling submit on FaxDocument throws an exception. we dont get much info back from exception message is

"Operation Failure"

we are also unable to see a list of queued and sent faxes like we did in 2003, and it looks like we are not getting events on fax entry status changed (sending/sent,etc...)

Are they any changes in FAXCOMEXlib and Faxservice that maybe we are missing ? where could i find info about it ?

EDIT:

more info, im trying to fax a .prn file (printing to file on fax printer and then submiting it as body in fax document), it works fine for some but not for others. on 2003 Server i dont have any that exibit this behaviour but on 2008 i do. I could not related it to the fax number or anything like that. is there a prn file viewer that can be used to check if there is a difference in the prn file that causes "operation failure" ?

Monday, January 31, 2011 8:06 PM