none
Sending e-mail notifications about Project Workflow Progress? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have customized the sample proposal workflow, and it pretty much fits our needs. Now I would like to implement e-mail notifications, so after every progress into next stage, the email notification is sent to all members of Portfolio Managers group.  I see in source code, that there is send email notification function,  but only to project owner when the project is rejected, or cancelled. Are there any simple solutions for this to be done, or there needs to be some coding? My development skills are basic.

Thank you,

Husein 

• Edited by HDelalic Wednesday, July 17, 2013 11:05 AM
    Wednesday, July 17, 2013 11:04 AM

All replies

• Hi HDelalic,

When using OOB Sample proposal work flow, the send email functionality is limited. So, you might have to do a little bit of visual studio coding to send the email to portfolio managers.

If you need the guidance, you can look at the demand management from project server 2010 essentials toolkit which can give you some idea. Here is the link:

http://archive.msdn.microsoft.com/P2010SolutionStarter

Happy troubleshooting.....

Vikram Daruru - MSFT

• Proposed as answer by Vikram Daruru Sunday, February 2, 2014 9:10 AM
    Wednesday, January 22, 2014 5:43 AM
  • Here just to add on Vikram's post , PS 2010 solution starter kit has DM Dynamic Workflow which you can very easily, customize based on your requirement without any development knowledge.

Also it has in build feature where you can specify no of people to send Project Approval and Rejection mail inducing Project Manager.

Please follow this post to get some idea on this workflow and enjoy the Project Server 2010 excellent feature Demand Management.

Sachin Vashishth MCTS

• Proposed as answer by Vikram Daruru Sunday, February 2, 2014 9:10 AM
    Wednesday, January 22, 2014 6:22 AM