VS2005 Crystal report Print Button not working on Windows 7 64bit machine RRS feed

• Question

• Hi There,

My application is written in VS2005 C# on x86 machine. It runs smoothly on XP pro and Vista x86 machine. 

I deployed the same to windows 7 x64 machine with CRRedist2005_x64.msi and found that the Print Report button is not working.

So, I re-compiled my application to x64 target platform, and reinstall the application to the same machine. But nothing changed. I have surf for answer over the web but nothing found.

Please help urgently. Any helps is much appreciated. Thks in advance.

Friday, March 26, 2010 10:11 AM

Answers

• Hi There,

My application is written in VS2005 C# on x86 machine. It runs smoothly on XP pro and Vista x86 machine. 

I deployed the same to windows 7 x64 machine with CRRedist2005_x64.msi and found that the Print Report button is not working.

So, I re-compiled my application to x64 target platform, and reinstall the application to the same machine. But nothing changed. I have surf for answer over the web but nothing found.

Hallo, I face the same problem and still have not found any solution. CRRedist2005_x64.msi does not help, while on Vista 64bit, it works fine. Have you found any solution? Thanks 

------------

Finally, it looks working after an installation of the proper service pack (crvs05sp1.exe) . Now it works fine. Regards

• Proposed as answer by lepetitcz Monday, May 10, 2010 11:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by chanpyvivian Wednesday, May 19, 2010 7:17 AM
    Monday, May 10, 2010 11:03 AM

All replies

• Hi There,

Hallo, I face the same problem and still have not found any solution. CRRedist2005_x64.msi does not help, while on Vista 64bit, it works fine. Have you found any solution? Thanks 

Monday, May 10, 2010 10:22 AM
  • Hi There,

------------

Finally, it looks working after an installation of the proper service pack (crvs05sp1.exe) . Now it works fine. Regards

• Proposed as answer by lepetitcz Monday, May 10, 2010 11:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by chanpyvivian Wednesday, May 19, 2010 7:17 AM
    Monday, May 10, 2010 11:03 AM
  • Hello,

I have Win 2008 R2 X64 and Win 7 X64.

Our application is not printing, the Print Report button is not working. 

I have installed CRRedist2005_x64.msi but does not help.

I got crvs05sp1.exe (107mb), but when I'm trying to update this service pack, I received the following error:

[Unable to find the registered directory for this business objects product. Please reinstall the Original product before applying this Patch 102].

What I'm missing?  Do I need to uninstall CRRedist2005_x64.msi first?

My application requirement components are:

Dotnet framework, SDK, Crytsal Report, ReportViewer.

Pelase any help?

Thank You...

Monday, December 6, 2010 6:00 AM