none
Error on Azure Migrate from Hyper-V to Cloud RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I seem cannot find a solution to my problem / error, I am testing out the Azure Migrate to migrate a VM on Hyper-V host to the cloud.

But after i setup the assessment and prepare to migrate, it say the configuration file for VM "WIN10" could no tbe sent to the Azure Site Recovery because it is greater than the size limit of 24MB.

Where i can check this limit? or is there a way to increase it?

Thanks! Any advise will be appreciated 

Cheers

James

Tuesday, November 5, 2019 5:19 AM

Answers

• Ensure you're able to ping -4 HostName and also open port 902 and TCP test should succeed.

• Marked as answer by hugoboss1234 Tuesday, November 26, 2019 1:16 AM
    Wednesday, November 6, 2019 11:01 AM

All replies

• Please try the following steps: 

• Check if the host name is resolvable from the appliance? (Remote desktop into the Azure Migrate appliance, open PowerShell, and do an nslookup on HostName)
    • Check if the ping from the appliance to the host is working? (Remote desktop into to the Azure Migrate appliance, open PowerShell, and use “ping -4 HostName”)
    • Check if the port 902 on the host is open? (Remote desktop into the Azure Migrate appliance, open PowerShell, use Test-NetConnection HostName -port 902, and see if the TCP test succeeds)

You can add the ESXi host entry into the hosts file of Azure Migrate Appliance, and check if replication starts working.

Note: In the above steps, replace HostName with the ESXi host name to which the virtual machines belong.

Tuesday, November 5, 2019 11:10 AM
  • Hi Sadiqh,

Here is my answer.

• Check if the host name is resolvable from the appliance? (Remote desktop into the Azure Migrate appliance, open PowerShell, and do an nslookup on HostName)

Can resolve hostname

• Check if the ping from the appliance to the host is working? (Remote desktop into to the Azure Migrate appliance, open PowerShell, and use “ping -4 HostName”)

no, because it is turn off, does it need to be online?

• Check if the port 902 on the host is open? (Remote desktop into the Azure Migrate appliance, open PowerShell, use Test-NetConnection HostName -port 902, and see if the TCP test succeeds)

tcp connect to Host:902 failed...

Thanks for reply, if you could advise further

Tuesday, November 5, 2019 10:26 PM
  • Ensure you're able to ping -4 HostName and also open port 902 and TCP test should succeed.

• Marked as answer by hugoboss1234 Tuesday, November 26, 2019 1:16 AM
    Wednesday, November 6, 2019 11:01 AM