Avoid Resizing of column header for listcontrol in MFC RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

How to avoid resizing of column header of a listcontrol in report view, without changing the attributes in the listcontrol contents(i.e i have implemented text colors in the contents only resizing of column should avoided). I am using VS2003 MFC Dialog based application.

Please do suggest me with some lines of codes.

Friday, April 1, 2011 4:17 AM

Answers

• BOOL CHeaderFixedListCtrl::OnNotify(WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam, LRESULT* pResult) 
    {
       HD_NOTIFY *pHDN = (HD_NOTIFY*)lParam;

//1st and 2nd coloumns are fixed by the following code. Add as many you want

if((pHDN->hdr.code == HDN_BEGINTRACKW || pHDN->hdr.code == HDN_BEGINTRACKA) && ((pHDN->iItem == 1) || pHDN->iItem == 2 ))
         {
            *pResult = TRUE;
            return TRUE;
          }
         return CListCtrl::OnNotify(wParam, lParam, pResult);
    }

Knowledge is like light; It spreads only when you have clear and transparent mind.
    • Proposed as answer by Nikita Leontiev Friday, April 1, 2011 9:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by lucy-liu Thursday, April 7, 2011 8:23 AM
    Friday, April 1, 2011 4:52 AM

All replies

• BOOL CHeaderFixedListCtrl::OnNotify(WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam, LRESULT* pResult) 
    {
       HD_NOTIFY *pHDN = (HD_NOTIFY*)lParam;

//1st and 2nd coloumns are fixed by the following code. Add as many you want

if((pHDN->hdr.code == HDN_BEGINTRACKW || pHDN->hdr.code == HDN_BEGINTRACKA) && ((pHDN->iItem == 1) || pHDN->iItem == 2 ))
         {
            *pResult = TRUE;
            return TRUE;
          }
         return CListCtrl::OnNotify(wParam, lParam, pResult);
    }

Knowledge is like light; It spreads only when you have clear and transparent mind.
    • Proposed as answer by Nikita Leontiev Friday, April 1, 2011 9:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by lucy-liu Thursday, April 7, 2011 8:23 AM
    Friday, April 1, 2011 4:52 AM
  • Hi Sreedhar, How do I use for dialog based applications.

Below is my problem.

I am working on a CDHTMLDialog based application where I ahve added a CListCtrl as shown below.

The list control has only one column.

IDD_TEST_DIALOG DIALOGEX 0, 0, 419, 286
    STYLE DS_SETFONT | DS_FIXEDSYS | DS_CENTER | WS_MINIMIZEBOX | WS_POPUP | WS_VISIBLE | WS_CAPTION | WS_SYSMENU | WS_THICKFRAME
    EXSTYLE WS_EX_APPWINDOW
    FONT 8, "MS Shell Dlg", 0, 0, 0x1
    BEGIN
    CONTROL "",IDC_LIST_TEXT,"SysListView32",LVS_REPORT | LVS_OWNERDATA | LVS_NOSORTHEADER | NOT WS_VISIBLE | WS_BORDER | WS_TABSTOP,20,143,397,136
    END

The problem is that I can drag the colum header to extreme left and the column goes hidden. To bring it back I will have to again drag the column header to the right.

I want to prevent resizing of this column so that the user cannot drag this completely to the left and make it hidden.

I did try the following code but it is not working.

void CMyTestDlg::OnHDNEndtrackListLog(NMHDR *pNMHDR, LRESULT *pResult)
    {
    LPNMHEADER phdr = reinterpret_cast<LPNMHEADER>(pNMHDR);
    // TODO: Add your control notification handler code here
    if(m_ListCtrl.GetColumnWidth(0) < 100)
    {
    m_ListCtrl.SetColumnWidth(0, 500);
    }

*pResult = 0;
    }
    Since I have very less time to implement this, I request you kindly give me some examples from MFC Dialog based applications.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 7:03 PM
  • What would be the consequences of "m_list.GetHeaderCtrl()->EnableWindow(FALSE);" ?
    Tuesday, July 24, 2012 5:48 AM